March 11, 2014 6:00 PM - 8:30 PMUsing Technology to Enhance the Learning Experience: A Panel Discussion
Please join us on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 6:00pm for what promises to be an interesting topic and learning event format. A moderated panel of recognized expert leaders will share their insights and answer questions on learning technology approaches (both tactical and strategic) and your personal development in regards to learning technology.
Many of you are familiar with Mark Simon, Principal Training Consultant at HiMark Solutions
, as delivering dynamic and informative technology presentations in the past. Mark will help us facilitate a vibrant discussion covering issues like:
- What’s working today, in regards to learning technologies?
- What technology skills will Instructional Designers need for the future?
- How do we design for learners with multiple devices?
- What are the current “favorite tools and platforms” and why?
- Rapid development tools versus more robust full feature tools – which?
Joining Mark and providing deep experience and expertise are:
- Sr. Manager, Education Technology Services, EMC
- Sr. Manager of Product Education, Athenahealth
- Instructional Designer and Learning Technology Project Manager, Imprivata
Mark Simon is a Principal Training Specialist at HiMark Solutions and has over 20 years of hands-on experience with design, development, and delivery of eLearning and instructor-led training. Mark is also an Adjunct Professor in the Instructional Design graduate program at UMass-Boston.
Mark is a frequent contributor to a variety of professional publications and shares his experiences often at professional shows and conferences. In January, Mark presented “Pushing PowerPoint” at an eLearning Guild online forum and you can see him present again at the ASTD “ICE” conference in Washington, DC in May.