2016 Train the Trainer Workshop Series
Greater Boston ATD and UMass Donahue Institute are partnering to offer a Train the Trainer 3 day Workshop Series. Each program will cover a different aspect of assessing, designing and delivering learning to adult learners. Below are the topics covered in each workshop:
Essentials of Trainer Excellence – March 15, 2016
- Adult Learning Theory
- Background & History of Adult Learning
- Adult Learning Principles, Styles & Modes
- Trainer Roles & Techniques
- A “Balanced” Environment”
- Training Across Generations
- Dealing with Challenges
Practical Program Design for Success – April 12, 2016
- A 6-step process for analyzing training needs
- Learning objectives for the training session
- Basic lesson plan(s) and / or guide to follow while training using the ROPES method
- The impact of learner needs, styles, objectives and program development on the effectiveness of a presentation
- Action Plan
Facilitation & Presentation Techniques – May 17, 2016
- Basic facilitation techniques
- The Importance of “balanced environment”
- Techniques that diffuse challenging situations
- Practice session: techniques for handling challenges
- A 6-step model for effective presentation to use back on the job
- Key techniques for applying this model effectively
- Effective tips and techniques for using technology effectively when presenting
- Planning Practice Presentations for Session Three
Christine (Chris) R. Gatti, M.Ed. joined the UMass Donahue Institute as its new Director of Organizational Development and Learning Solutions in 2010, bringing over 30 years experience in business, education, training, human resource and organizational development to this role. Her areas of expertise include: management and leadership development, team development, and trainer/facilitator development.
Ms. Gatti founded and led a strategic training and consulting firm for 14 years, providing learning and consulting services in the areas of: Leadership Development, Team Development and Trainer Development through a network of highly experienced professional facilitators, consultants and coaches. Her firm was awarded two consecutive state-wide training contracts in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and was recognized as a successful “go-to” firm for its expertise.
As an external consultant, she has worked for well-known international consulting and training organizations, including: Zenger-Miller, AchieveGlobal, Interaction Associates, DDI, and Advantage Performance Group. She served as a Master Trainer for these organizations, training hundreds of new and experienced trainers during her career. Her industry expertise includes banking and financial services, insurance, real estate and manufacturing and education. Ms. Gatti is also qualified to deliver a variety of assessment instruments including the DiSC®, the MBTI, and the 20/20® Insight 360-Feedback System.
Ms. Gatti’s education credentials include a Master’s in Human Resource Education: Training and Organizational Development Program from Boston University, and a B.A. in Education from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst with a concentration in Urban Education and Psychology.
- WORKBAR, 45 Prospect Street, Cambridge, Ma
- A full refund will be issued if the cancellation request is made within 14 business days of the workshop.