Greater Boston ASTD is the local chapter for the American Society for Training & Development. Our mission is "Through exceptional learning and performance, we create a world that works better."
ASTD (American Society for Training & Development) is the world’s largest association dedicated to workplace learning and performance professionals. ASTD’s members come from more than 100 countries and connect locally in more than 130 U.S. chapters and with more than 30 international partners. Members work in thousands of organizations of all sizes, in government, as independent consultants, and suppliers.
Since 1943, ASTD has widened the profession’s focus to link learning and performance to individual and organizational results, and is a sought-after voice on critical public policy issues. The American Society for Training and Development:
- Provides resources for learning and performance professionals, educators, and students for undefined research, analysis, benchmarking, online information, books, and other publications
- Brings professionals together in conferences, workshops, and online events
- Offers professional development opportunities through their job bank, career center, and through certificate programs. ASTD is the only organization who provides the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP)
- Serves as the voice of the profession to the media and to public policy makers in the U.S., and collaborates with other associations, organizations, and educational institutions to advance the profession
- Recognizes excellence and sets the standard for best practices in learning and performance